Friday, June 29, 2012

A Common Thread, Lake Oswego, Oregon

April 28-29, 2012

For the next two days, I am teaching a Thread Duets class to students at a very nice quilt shop called A Common Thread, located just off I5, south of Portland, Oregon.  In my Thread Duets class, we discuss proportion, color relationships, the importance of value, and the power of the quilted line. I also ask students to consider both sides of their quilt.  Students are then turned loose to create their own art quilt.  This is just a few of the amazing pieces created:






It is so rewarding and one of the reasons why I enjoy teaching so much, to watch students struggle at first to create their own fiber art piece.  For many attendees, it is the first time they have attempted to create something completely unique.  Some participants struggle for a long time to find their own voice, but when they do, magic happens!





It was a creative, inspiring day and I hope participants will send me pictures of their fiber art pieces when they're done so I can post them.  Thank you, attendees, for making the two-day class so special!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment