Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Westside Quilter's Guild

October 17, 2011

Westside Quilter's Guild is located in Hillsboro, Oregon and currently has about 85 members.  This guild has been in existence for five years and they are very active in their community.  They donated 175 quilts to the flood victims in Vernonia last year.  They also contribute quilts on an ongoing basis to the neonatal unit at St. Vincents Hospital.  They have semi-annual quilt shows, as well as an upcoming exhibit at Glenn Walters Cultural Trust Center. 



They have asked me to come and speak to the guild about my work, so I loaded up my car with as many quilts as I could and drove to the Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church where their meetings are held.  They were a very receptive audience and I had an enjoyable time.  In fact, there was so much interest in my work that we scheduled machine quilting and thread painting classes in November and December, 2012 - and the November classes were filled within the hour!  So, I am looking forward to returning to this lively group in 2012.  Thank you everyone for such a wonderful reception!

Gals lining up for Show and Tell - I saw some great work that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment