Sunday, October 9, 2011

Purple Frog Quilt Shop

September 24, 2011

The Purple Frog Quilt Shop features a large selection of bali fabrics, prints, and a limited amount of reproductions.  They also have an entire wall of tools to peruse.  They are located in the rolling hills of Jefferson, Oregon which is about two hours south of Portland.  Jefferson is a quaint community of about 3,000 people and they are the self-proclaimed "Frog Jumping Capital of Oregon".  The frog jump competition is held every 3rd Saturday in July during the Mint Festival.  Owners Mary and Kim chose the name of the quilt shop to honor the frog jump, as well as the high school colors.



I've been invited here to teach a Thread Painting class.  This is the second time I've been here; the first time was back in May when I taught a machine quilting class.  A number of gals who attended the first class are joining me again and I'm happy to see them.  A number of class attendees joined me for lunch at a local cafe just down the road from the quilt shop, and it was a treat to have Cathie (my driver) take me to the local Mexican Bakery.  I've never been to this type of bakery before, and I very much enjoyed the cookies she bought for the class for the rest of the afternoon!



The Purple Frog has a large classroom on site, as well as a long arm quilting machine.  They don't have a web page yet, but if you'd like to contact them, use this email address:
purplefrogquiltshop@gmail.com

So, if you're ever in the area, take the time to visit this charming quilt shop and say 'hi' to Mary and Kim for me.  You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. What are the days and hours that you are open?

    Thanks,
    LG

    ReplyDelete